FamilyForward moves vulnerable children in the direction of hope by delivering comprehensive therapeutic and educational services to support biological, foster, and adoptive families.
It’s been difficult being a single dad, and when Celeste started acting out in anger, you weren’t sure where to turn. That insecurity hurt…but it also helped you find FamilyForward, who worked with you and Celeste to get to the bottom of her behavior, and move us both to a better place. Today, those dinners and bedtimes are easier. You no longer feel alone, and worry has turned into excitement as she learns and grows.
Services for Children and Families
The agency’s overarching philosophy is based in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT), developed by Dr. Bruce Perry. NMT is a trauma-informed, developmentally sensitive approach to understanding the impact of a child’s history on current functioning. Guided by NMT, FamilyForward’s comprehensive services support the child, family, and broader community.
Trauma Assessment and Psychological Evaluation
- Trauma-informed, developmentally sensitive approach to understanding the impact of a child’s history on current functioning
- Individualized recommendations to support children at home, in school, and with therapeutic interventions
- Assessment, treatment, and parent education services provided by Developmental Trauma Center clinicians, specifically trained in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT)
- Individual, family, and group counseling provided in-home and in-office
- Trauma-focused counseling using evidence-based practices
Foster Care and Adoption
- Foster care case management, as a member of Children’s Permanency Partnership
- Recruitment, training, and licensing for foster and adoptive families
Early Childhood Center
- Highly structured environment utilizing trauma-informed, developmentally sensitive interventions for children ages three to five who have experienced early adversity
- Individualized approach helps family members, teachers, therapists, and other professionals best meet the needs of each child in the program
FamilyForward leads the community in providing innovative solutions for advancing safer, healthier relationships for children and families.
Making an Impact
5,329 children, their families, and community members were served by FamilyForward in 2021