FamilyForward moves vulnerable children in the direction of hope by delivering comprehensive therapeutic and educational services to support biological, foster, and adoptive families.
It’s been difficult being a single dad, and when Celeste started acting out in anger, you weren’t sure where to turn. That insecurity hurt…but it also helped you find FamilyForward, who worked with you and Celeste to get to the bottom of her behavior, and move us both to a better place. Today, those dinners and bedtimes are easier. You no longer feel alone, and worry has turned into excitement as she learns and grows.- Proud dad
Services for Children and Families
FamilyForward works to build safer, healthier relationships for children and families by offering:
Trauma Assessment and Psychological Evaluation
- Trauma-informed, developmentally sensitive approach to understanding the impact of a child’s history on current functioning
- Individualized recommendations to support children at home, in school, and with therapeutic interventions
- Assessment, treatment, and parent education services provided by Developmental Trauma Center clinicians, specifically trained in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT)
Coaching and Education
- Classes for parents and caregivers
- Mentoring for youth and parents
- Comprehensive support for families faced with stressors such as safety, shelter, unemployment, and parenting
- Advocacy and financial literacy services for women who have been impacted by domestic violence
- Trauma training for professionals
Foster Care and Adoption
- Foster care case management, as a member of Children’s Permanency Partnership
- Recruitment, training, and licensing for foster and adoptive families
- Home study and placement services for domestic and international adoptions
- Intervention services to reunify children in out-of-home placement with their biological family
Care for Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Long-term, 24-hour residential care for non-ambulatory children ages 0-21 with significant medical needs, offering individualized habilitation programs to maximize physical, emotional, and educational growth
- Short-term, 24-hour respite care for non-ambulatory children ages 0-21 with significant medical needs, offering flexibility and support for families
FamilyForward leads the community in providing innovative solutions for advancing safer, healthier relationships for children and families.
9,392 children and family members were served by FamilyForward in 2016.